Your roof is one of the most important parts of your home. It keeps you and your family safe, helps regulate temperature and humidity, and has a big impact on how much energy you use. So, if you’re thinking about getting a new roof or repairing an old one, it’s important to choose the right Cerritos roofing contractor for the job. Here are some tips for finding a reputable and trustworthy contractor like Kelly Roofing Services:
Interview several professionals
When it comes time to interview roofing contractors and find the right one for your job, you’ll want to interview at least three or five professionals. You’ll want to ask them about their experience and certifications, past jobs, references and warranty/guarantee policies. Also ask about their insurance coverage and payment terms.
Check references and look at completed projects
- Get references from previous clients.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau to see if there are any complaints against the contractor.
- Ask for photos of completed projects.
- Ask for references from people you know (your neighbors or friends).
Get a written contract
A written contract is a legally binding document between you and your contractor. It should include the cost, materials being used and any work that will be done on your home. Make sure you understand what is in the contract before signing it. Be sure to read over anything detailing the job thoroughly, so there are no surprises later on when it comes time to pay up! Also make sure that both parties sign off on it—you don’t want any disputes arising later on down the road if something goes awry during installation or repair.
Guarantees, warranties and insurance are a must
If a contractor offers a warranty or guarantee on the work they have done, this is an important sign that they are responsible and stand behind their work. Warranties should be for at least one year, while guarantees can be as long as 15 years. It’s also important to ask what kind of insurance they carry so that you’re protected in case of an accident or injury on your property.
Be wary of door-knocking contractors who offer a deal that sounds too good to be true, because it probably is. They may not be licensed and insured or they may not have the necessary experience to complete the job. And if they’re unable to provide references it’s probably because there aren’t any.
There are a few things you can do to make sure you’re hiring the right contractor:
- Get at least three bids. Unless you have a trusted roofer in your family who has done work on your home before, it’s best to get multiple bids from contractors that are licensed and insured.
- Ask for references. Be sure to ask any potential contractors for references so that you can talk with past clients who have used them before. These people will be able to tell you what kind of experience they had with their contractor, whether or not they were satisfied with the results.
We hope that this article has helped you better understand the importance of finding a reliable and experienced contractor when it comes to home improvement. It’s never fun to spend money on repairs, but it’s even worse when those repairs don’t get done right or are never finished at all.