There is one thing that needs to be kept in mind before the user can proceed to update Sage 50 program. This is a step-by-step guide that has been compiled for users to be able to seamlessly upgrade their Sage 50 application to the newer versions that have been released or that may be released in the future. This is a very short process, and it usually takes around five minutes. Now that we have considered the admin privileges, we can proceed to list out the three options that are available to the users who are trying to install updates in Sage 50.
Updates into Sage 50
The thing that the user needs to keep in mind before the user can proceed to updates in Sage 50 is that if the user has a Sage 50 server which is being used on one or more workstations, then, in that case, the user will have to close down the Sage 50 on all workstations before the user can proceed to Sage 50 update on their server.
There is one other thing that the user must do after they have installed the updates for Sage program 50 by choosing any one of the three options that have been mentioned above. After they have installed the updates for Sage 50, the user must proceed to adjust the file permissions for the main product folder (PeachtreeInstaller2022, for example) for Execute access.
Option 1: Checking for Updates within Sage 50 Program
This option gives the user the chance to check for updates from within the Sage 50 application. It is a very easy process that has just a few steps that need to be completed sequentially.
- First, the user must go to the ‘Services’ menu that can be found in the application.
- Click on the ‘Check for updates’ option.
- Must click ‘Check Now in order to check for any available updates.
- Thereafter, the application will search for any updates that might have been released by the developers at Sage.
If any updates are found, the user will be notified by the application there and then.
Option 2: Updates Sage 50 Tax Forms
This option teaches the user how they can easily install new Tax Form install Updates that are made available by Sage 50. To do so, the user must follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, the user must open the Payroll Tax Forms on any workstation that has been connected to a stable internet connection.
- The update should then start to install automatically.
- If the update does not start installing automatically, the user must then install these updates manually.
There are three routes to install updates in Sage 50, out of which users can choose any one and be able to install updates in Sage 50 easily. But one thing needs to be kept in mind before users can install updates in Sage 50. If the user who is trying to install updates in Sage 50 is an admin user on their server, they can simply install the dot release updates that Sage releases from time to time.
If getting any issue and problems while updating, upgrading your sage 50 software such as Sage 50 2023 update fails or Sage 50 upgrade error.